Friday, November 4, 2022

Happy Halloween

 The two-week challenge at Art Impressions is "Stencils or Mask".  This was a fun challenge for making backgrounds.  Especially at Halloween since my go to is to mask a moon for a night sky.  Always love the way this turns out, slightly different every time.


I used the witch, pumpkin and sentiment from the Art Impressions Peek A Boo stamp set as well as used several dies from various other Art Impressions sets - Fence dies and a couple bat dies from two other AI stamp sets.  The haunted tree die was from my stash.  I used a circle die to create the moon mask and inked my background with distress oxide inks then removed the mask and used mustard seed distress oxide ink for the moon, leaving a little of the white to create a glow.  I also spattered diluted white paint over the whole background.  I die cut two fences and pieced them together to create a wider fence.  The witch and pumpkin were stamped on cryogen white cardstock and colored with copic markers then cut out with the corresponding dies that come with the set.  I also die cut both images with heavy cardstock and glued to the colored image for more stability.  I popped the pumpkin up with foam tape and put the witch on a wobble.  

I love making Halloween cards, hope you do too!  


1 comment:

  1. this is sooooo stinkin' cute, Dori!! I love how you inked the sky and the eerie feeling of that awesome moon! Of course the witch is adorable and colored perfectly! That tree is to die for! Love the entire card! Congrats on the win!!!

    ReplyDelete