Friday, December 9, 2022

Christmas

 The final challenge for 2022 at Art Impressions is called "That's a Wrap".  I can't believe that we are at the end of another year.  This year has flown by and I remember my mother always telling me that the older you get, the faster the time goes.  Boy, she was right again!  The only thing is:  I didn't think I was getting older.  😁

  Anyway... back to the challenge.  I chose to use the Art Impressions Chubby Snowmen stamp and die set.  I am a sucker for snowmen and this has got to be the cutest set ever.  Love the fact that it comes with dies for the images.  Huge plus!  

I stamped the images on cryogen white cardstock and colored with copic markers.  I then die cut the images out and also cut a blank out of heavy cardstock to mount behind the colored image.  I make many Christmas cards so this was a time saver instead of using foam tape (cost savings too).  I used a birch tree die cut, from my stash, for the background and framed it with a stitched rectangle die from Art Impressions.  I also cut the snow hill using the inside piece of the rectangle.  I made the snowy background from a trick by Jennifer McGuire.  Using a laminator, sprinkle a dusting of embossing powder in between the laminating envelope and run it through the laminator.  As it runs through, it melts and creates the snow effect.  Genius!  I then glued the birch tree die to the laminated sheet and onto a blue cardstock for the background.  Mounted it all onto a gray mat and then onto a red mat and finally onto a white A2 card.  Lots of layers, but I love it!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!  



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet winter card! I love that little bunny stamp!
    Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this card and it's even cuter in person!!! Love, love, LOVE!!! The amount of detail is amazing, your coloring is gorgeous, and the layering is perfect! Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete