Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Cloudy skies

 Art Impression's challenge for this week is "Cloudy with a Chance..." so I used the Art Impressions Panda Slider set.  This little guy is soooo darn cute and useful for sooo many occasions. It's also a stamp and die set so no fussy cutting necessary.  I added mini google eyes to him for fun.


I've been playing with my alcohol inks and made the background using the smooshing technique.  What an easy and fun way to create a background.  Thought it made for a great cloudy sky look. 
I used a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of poster board.  A dribbled a few drops of blue alcohol ink on my glass mat and then added some alcohol blending solution.  Then I laid the poster board piece down on the mat (glossy side down) and twirled it around in the ink.  Added more ink and/or blending solution and repeated the process until I got the look that I wanted.  Let it dry and tada - that's it, background created!  Easy peasy!

Enjoy and Hope your day is Awesome!



4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love your cloudy border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wiggly eyes are cool ... great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. His eyes totally cracked me up! Love your smooshing technique and this amazing card!! Another fabulous card from your talented hands!!

    ReplyDelete