Thursday, June 27, 2024

Get Well Mini Scallop Frame

 Happy Thursday AI Friends!

Have you seen the latest release at Art Impressions?  Fairies, Castles, papers and dies, oh my!  So much was released last week!  Make sure to check it out on the website.

I am a huge fan of dies so I decided to highlight the #5902 Mini Scalloped Frame die set that was released.  This set, plus the #5901 Mini Rectangle Frame die set, are must haves.  These make creating mini cards/frames so fun and are SO cute!


I created a mini get well tunnel card using the #5499 Get Well Matchbook stamp set.  This card measures approx. 3 1/2" by 2 1/2" and props up to sit on your desk, countertop, windowsill, etc. by the use of the easel that comes with the #5902 Mini Scalloped Frame die set. 


To make the tunnel card, I cut the scallop frame out of heavy cardstock using the Mini Scallop Frame die and the largest oval from the same set.  Fold the frame at the score lines and glue the tab to the off-setting side to create the frame.   To create the middle layer of the tunnel frame, I cut a single piece (approx. 3 1/4" x 2 1/4") of heavy cardstock with the middle size oval.  The outside pattern paper, as well as the background pattern paper, are from the #5892 Easter S2 paper pack.  I used the largest oval die to cut the outside pattern paper and adhered it to the outside frame.   Adhere the background pattern piece (approx. 3 1/4" by 2 1/4") to the back of the frame.  Place a strip of glue down one side of the middle layer and adhere to the frame.  Now you are ready to decorate the frame/card.

I stamped the images on copic friendly paper and colored with my copic markers (listed below).  I then die cut each of the images out with the coordinating dies from the matchbook stamp set.  I cut off the tabs from each of the images so that I could layer them within the tunnel card.   Create your scene on each layer as you wish. 

What a fun card to receive, if you know someone who is feeling under the weather!

Make sure to visit the website and check out the new releases.
Have a great day and enjoy creating!


Copic pens used:  C00, C01, C02, C03
B000, BG000, BG53, BG57
E51, E53
R20 and R22


No comments:

Post a Comment