Thursday, July 11, 2024

FairyLand PopUp Card

 Happy Thursday Art Impressions Friends!

Today I'm sharing a card that was inspired by the current challenge - Magical Creatures.  I decided to make a popup tunnel card using the new 5915 - Woodland Fairies and 5916 - Woodland Castles.  This type of card provides several layers so that you can display many of the little fairies.  From of this set, I was able to place five, out of the eight, nicely on this card.


I started with the background by inking up three panels of 6 x 6 Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock with Ranger Distress Oxide Spray.  I used tumbled glass and prize ribbon for the top portion of the panels and shabby shutters and mowed lawn for the bottom portion.  Once dry, I brushed on a layer of Ranger Distress Glaze over each panel and wiped off the excess.  I placed some Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white paint on my glass mat and diluted with some water.  I then dipped a No. 5 paint brush into this mixture and spattered onto each panel by tapping the brush over my finger onto the cardstock.  This will create a magical background.  I determined which panel I wanted for each layer of the tunnel and used the 5065 - Double Stitched Oval dies to cut the top two layers using the largest ovals.  Cut the forefront panel first with the largest die and then place the middle panel under the forefront and place the second largest oval die to cut the middle panel.

To make the popup feature, I used 80 lb. cardstock and cut two pieces of 2 1/2" x 6 ".  Score each piece every 1/2" lengthwise to form the side popups.  You should have four score lines on each piece.  Fold and score each (mountain, valley, mountain, valley).  Refer to picture below for adhering each background panel.  You may need to trim the middle layer down slightly so that it lays flat when popup is pushed down.



I stamped all of the images onto copic friendly paper with Memento black ink and colored with my copic markers listed below.  Using the coordinating dies, cut each of the images.  I used green polka dot paper and die cut with a grass die I had in my stash.  I inked the grass tines with mowed lawn oxide ink so it matched nicely to the background.  I stamped the sentiment, included in the 5915 - Woodland Fairies stamp set, onto a cloud die cut.  Lastly, I used stickles on the fairy wings to give them some sparkle.

This popup card will lay flat in an envelope and pop up when you take it out.

I hope you enjoyed my "magical" card.  Have a wonderful crafty day!  

Remember to join our challenge to win a free stamp set.  Check out the tab "Bi-Weekly Challenge" on the Art Impressions Blog to participate.


Copics used:  B0000, B00, B12, B14
C1, C3, C5, C7
E000, E00, E11, E21, E23, E50, E51, E53
R11, R12, R14, R20
V12, V15
Y21, Y23
BG000
YG41, YG45


No comments:

Post a Comment